Welcome to the first chapter of your Beautiful Girlhood study called B’twixt & B’tween. B’twixt and B’tween Blog is simply something I am giving Moms going through the Beautiful Girlhood study and The Companion Guide to Beautiful Girlhood. It is not a substitution for The Companion Guide, only additional information for you Mom!
As you glance over the first chapters of Beautiful Girlhood and The Companion Guide to Beautiful Girlhood in preparation for your time with your daughter, you will notice several themes that will be developed over the next 32 weeks.
For our purposes today we are going to concentrate on the theme of your daughter’s transition from girlhood to womanhood. Warning: this is a topic that can make us moms a bit weepy!
My farmer husband has a green thumb and grows a variety of stunning plants that are both edible and ornamental. One of his prized possessions is a rose bush of his grandmother’s. Each year in early July, around his birthday, this old plant bears the most striking, peptobismolesque, pink roses. They start as a bud and within what seems like a blink of an eye the buds open to display their full glory.
The image of a rose is used in this chapter to illustrate the tender journey your daughter is making. Metaphorically speaking, your sweet girl is in the bud stage and will eventually unfold as she matures into a full-blown glorious blossom.
Girlhood is the opening flower of Womanhood
I encourage you to slow down this week; ponder for a moment your daughter’s amazing journey – not the destination. Many a rosebud becomes blighted and never reaches its full promise. Ask the Lord for ways to walk with and share your daughter’s passage. As you gaze upon the metamorphosis occurring before your very eyes, be aware that you are both a gardener and a guardian against the blight of sin for these few short years. Commit to seek the Lord on this subject of transition and enjoy these glorious days of beautiful girlhood with your daughter.
- Read Chapter One of Beautiful Girlhood aloud with your daughter and do the questions and Bible Study Activity in The Companion Guide to Beautiful Girlhood.
- Observe your daughter this week and write down some of the ways you see her exhibit cheerfulness. Notice how she promotes good cheer or induces pleasantness in others. Be ready to bless her socks off with these observations when you do the chapter together!
“A happy heart makes the face cheerful;
heartache crushes the spirit.”
Ponder and Post
- Go ahead, leave a comment below and share with others in the group ways you have been preparing your daughter for adulthood.
- Go to my FACEBOOK or Instagram Page and post a picture of you and your daughter for our group!
- Full disclosure time, how are really feeling about your daughter’s growing up? Post it in the comment section! (Go ahead, spill! Others are most likely feeling just like you!)
Queen in a Home of Her Own Article
This is the FREEBIE of the week! How do you teach your daughter the skills she needs to know to be a ‘Queen in a Home of Her Own’? When do you begin? Learn the 9 basic lessons of training your daughter in domestic arts.
Mentoring Your Daughter CD
Little girls grow up so fast….if only there was a simple method to instill your values into your daughter. There is! It’s called mentoring. The main component to mentoring is T.I.M.E. Join Shelley Noonan as she encourages and motivates you to spend your T.I.M.E. mentoring your daughter by sharing her own brand of practical wisdom. Glean information on various ways to mentor and resources to make the time that you spend with your daughter unforgettable! I have retired this one but if you are interested…Let me know via PM on Facebook or Instagram.